Today is the last day of ArmchairBEA. It flew by!! Today’s post is a chance to ask the experts anything about blogging. (or if you’re an expert or have learned a few things along the way, a chance to share your tips, hints and tricks).
I’m certainly no expert, but I do have a few things to share that I’ve learned in my 8 months…
1. Visit, read & follow other blogs!
3. Use tags!
4. If your blogging platform offers a “draft” feature, use it! Especially if you post multiple times a week; you can work on your posts a little bit at a time. If you’re reading a book for review, you can also add notes to remind you of certain points you want to mention in your post.
5. To get more traffic, join challenges (if you have specific topics for your blog, like books) or weekly memes.
Now for my questions…
1. Do you think it’s necessary to eventually monetize the blog?
2. How do you partner up with local libraries/bookstores/etc.?
3. How do you turn down a review request tactfully?
4. How do you manage to keep your passion for what you write?
I’ve really enjoyed participating and only wish I had more time to visit more blogs and get my posts up earlier! I would love to attend the BEA in NYC at some point in my lifetime and maybe meet some of you there!
Also, I was a Twitter Party #3 winner and was able to fill out the Giveaway form for one of the prizes: Super excited! 🙂
The Twitter parties were fun and I figured out it was way easier to join them from my computer as opposed to my phone.