My aunt recently got a new living room set and wanted to add some accent pillows. She felt the ones that came with the set (neutral stripes) looked too masculine and so purchased some fabric to re-cover the pillows. However she liked the fringe that was on the original stripe pillow and wanted to try to salvage it for the new pillows.
So I took the stripe pillow and fabric home with me to see what I could do. I used my seam ripper to take the pillow apart but the fringe didn’t fare so well – some of it started to come apart. So i stopped what I was doing so it wouldn’t get any worse. Luckily, my aunt had smaller pillows that she wanted to work with, and there was more than enough fringe to use on the smaller pillow (whew!).
So I made a new cover with fringe for the smaller pillow and I’m pretty happy with how it turned out. It just seems slightly loose-fitting on the pillow itself, but still looks nice:
I sent a picture of it to my aunt and she was really happy with the way it turned out. I just need to bring it to her – hopefully we’ll get together soon.