So maybe I posted this and my last post out of order (perhaps I should have done the look back before the look ahead). But this one required more work and thought so it comes after.
The majority of my focus for 2014 was, of course, on our wedding. (In fact, when someone asked me in November what I wanted for my birthday and/or Christmas, I realized that I hadn’t given any thought to those two days because I was so focused on October 4 — it was like I forgot anything came after it). We did a lot of planning, organizing, and spending money to make our wedding fun and memorable. And we really did have a wonderful time. Check out my wedding post here.
In between the wedding planning (which, by the way, I’m happy we had a longer engagement so we could actually enjoy the planning process) and related wedding activities (like the wedding shower, bachelor/bachelorette parties, and honeymoon), we did have a few other things going on:
- I attended a Lean Six Sigma conference for work earlier in March
- We planted a garden in May which gave us delicious foods all summer long (I mentioned this in a post back in September, I believe).
- We went camping in July with my cousin & her family, and my work BFF & her fiancé and we saw black bears twice (one was behind a Dairy Queen). We’ll all be going camping again next year. We actually booked our trip for next summer while we were there in July: Thursday through Monday over the 4th of July weekend; it’ll be the longest camping trip since we started the annual summer trip (in the past we did a Friday to Sunday). 2015 will be our 4th summer doing this.
- We took day trips to do outlet shopping and other things
- I had my 10 year high school reunion at the end of November
- And now we’re getting ready for Christmas and the end of the year
Other 2014 recaps:
I have to update my list on here, because I’m now at 79 books for the year (and have a few that I started but haven’t finished). It’s been a decent reading year, not too many 5 star ratings (based on the Goodreads scale), though. My 11-year-old niece just read all of the Harry Potter books for the first time (and in less than 3 months total time to read them all!). She kept calling me periodically to talk about them, it was so cute. For Christmas, I bought her the 8-DVD set of the movies and am also going to give her a “coupon” for a 1-Day Harry Potter Movie Marathon with Auntie Nell. I’ve been looking up some fun HP themed snacks that I can include in our day. I think it will be a lot of fun! (I don’t intend, or expect, to get through all 8 movies in one day, but it’ll be a good start for her. (And that’s what I plan to use for my movie marathon item on my 30 by 30 list).
(I mentioned some of my reading plans for 2015 in my Looking Ahead post)
I haven’t done a whole lot of crafts this year, but what I have done is posted to my 2 projects pages (see the tabs above for Knitting and Sewing). And I’ve also mentioned some goals in my Looking Ahead post as well as included a couple of craft related items on my 30 by 30 list.
So that’s kind of where I am right now. I have 2 weeks off from work (started this Monday and I don’t go back to work ’til Jan 5 so I’m looking forward to catching up on some things and gearing up for the new year).
I’ve had a wonderful, blessed year, and am so happy I’ve been able to share it with so many great people (including all of you!)
I hope you have a restful break if you get time off from work. And of course, I wish you all a very merry Christmas, happy holidays, and a happy new year!!