Having experienced my first year of motherhood and understanding exactly what that means, I’m hoping that the goals for reading, crafts, etc. I set for 2017 are more realistic than last year’s. I’m using the same break down as I did in last year’s goals post.
I’m keeping the same goal as last year at 24 books. I hit 23 of 24 this year. Partly due to times where I just didn’t feel like reading, or wasn’t interested in reading what I do have (I have plenty of unread books on my shelf, so it’s not due to book availability, that’s for sure!) I’m also planning to give the Q&A a Day book another go.
I still need to re-organize my sewing space (could be part of the reason I never got around to sewing really anything this year, but only a minor hurdle). I told my husband I want to set aside 1-2 hours per week to dedicate to sewing. I’ll attempt to track it and see how well I can stick to it.
I want to finish those diaper pouch/changing pad combos, and need to add another one to the list! I want to sew a top, a dress, and bottoms (can be pants or a skirt). As for The Monthly Stitch Challenges, I hope to participate in one challenge and post it to their blog.
I want to complete the My Cup of Tea socks I started this summer. I also want to complete 1-2 projects (a hat and maybe a scarf or another pair of socks).
30×30 List Items to Carry Over
There are still some items I’d like to carry over that we didn’t do (but I can cross ZooLights and Pay off 2 student loans off the list, so that’s good!)
- NYC weekend – still want to do this, and still want to go see the Cirque du Soleil show (Paramour)
- Make a pie & pasta from scratch – still have to make the pasta from scratch, but I did do a cheesecake from scratch! (I’ll post about that soon) — Since that’s not really a pie, I still want to make a pie, too!
New Blog Categories
I think my “Mom Musings” posts can be considered regular categories and no longer “new” ones, but I plan to continue with them. I aim to introduce Baking & Cooking posts, as I planned last year.
A few other things that don’t fall into the above categories. Some are repeats of this year and others are new.
- Facebook hiatus – will do this again in January. It was a nice break and I’m noticing I’m scrolling/posting on it too much again. Need to get away from the screen and be more in the present. I may consider doing it another month in the year as well.
- Limit TV time – along the same lines as above, just want to get away from the screen & be more present. Will try to limit TV time to after Dom has gone to bed, before I go to bed. (Or if I’m sick and want to binge)
- Annual camping trip, of course — did I ever post about this year’s trip? I’ll have to go back and look.
- Savings challenge – hubs and I are going to set a challenge for ourselves to see how much we can save for the whole year.
- Library visits with Dom – our local library is about a 10 minute walk from our house, so I’d like to take Dom there on Saturday mornings sometimes in the year. I was looking at their website yesterday and they have a bunch of activities throughout the year.
- Get moving again!
- More walks! – I want us to get out and do more walks when the weather is nice (local trails, etc.)
- Gym time – go to the gym 2-3 times per week. I’ve signed up at the gym at work and aim to go during lunch time (even if it’s just 30 minutes)
What are your plans for 2017?